F Tips on how to prevent natural hair breakage - naturalfinegeh

Friday 18 March 2016

Tips on how to prevent natural hair breakage

One of the challenges of natural hair is hair breakage. I hear a lot of people complain about breakage and I can relate because I had the same experience. Mine was so bad that I yanked off my hair in frustration . Overtime , I discovered how to handle my hair properly and prevent breakage. I remember over manipulating and over styling my hair each time, and I wasn't quite surprised when it started breaking.




How to prevent breakage

  1. Less manipulative hair styles. Over styling and manipulation of your hair will lead to breakage. Try as much as possible to keep your hands off your hair.
  2. Do not comb hair dry! This is a big no-no!
  3. Avoid brushing hair while wet , because the hair is weak when wet. Preferably, comb when damp. Spritz it with water and comb gently from the ends down to the root.
  4. Avoid heat , preferably air dry.
  5. Good nutrition.Eating a healthy diet has a big role to play in breakage prevention. Eat lots of vegetables and drink lots of water.
  6. Avoid use of chemicals.
  7. Keep hair moisturized. Yep!
  8. Use water based leave in conditioners.
  9. Cover hair with a satin bonnet or sleep on a silk based pillow case.
  10. Dry hair with a t-shirt or a micro fiber towel. When normal cotton based towel rubs against the hair, it causes it to shed.
  11. Deep condition with olive oil , egg yolk and honey . This is an instant fix . I tried it for myself and I was pleasantly surprised at how fast it worked. The effect was immediate! My hair stopped breaking on the spot! Please try it...



Yours royalnapiness....




No comments:

Post a Comment