F How to wash your natural hair with ease... - naturalfinegeh

Monday 18 April 2016

How to wash your natural hair with ease...




Truth be told , washing natural hair is not the favorite item on anyone’s to do list at allllllllllll..... It’s a daunting and stressful task. When your hair is in the early growth phase , washing isn't much of a chore but as it grows, it gets harder.  At different lengths of my hair, I have learned to adjust my hair washing regimen to better meet the needs of my hair.  

Pre-Pooing

Pre-poo to reduce the drying effects of the shampoo process. To pre-poo, you can spritz your hair with water then add your conditioner or oil of choice.  I use coconut oil because it is very light and readily available .Alternatively,deep condition  prior to washing so that you don’t have to hop back in the shower after washing .I tried this a while ago and i loved the result, more so, i didn't need to hop back into the bathroom to deep condition my hair(*lazy* hehe).

Wash Hair in Sections

I call this the “Divide and conquer” method.When my hair was shorter, washing my hair as a whole was just fine ,but as my hair has grown longer, "i no fit try am"...  I personally, braid my hair in four sections and then unravel  each braid to wash that section and life has been much easier *smiles* . I also use less products because now I just apply the quantity i need to each section .Some people choose to wash their hair in large twists or braids , when washing your hair this way, the key is to leave the roots loose so you can scrub your scalp properly. This  is the key to natural hair care — otherwise it becomes overwhelming.

Don’t Scrub

DON’T scrub your hair unless you want a head full of tangles. Instead, scrub your scalp and let the shampoo run  down the hair shaft.I remember when my hair was still relaxed , I would scrub it  in a circular motion but not anymore. The main focus of your wash should be to scrub all the surface dirt off your scalp because a clogged scalp spells stunted growth . Don't worry , the shampoo will run down the hair shaft and clean the hair.
The key to washing your natural hair is adopting a method well suited for your hair length and to reduce tangling as much as possible.....
Try one method and let us know what you think....Please leave comments in the comments box.

No comments:

Post a Comment