F My weekend hair routine - naturalfinegeh

Monday 25 April 2016

My weekend hair routine

I am really excited to share my weekend hair routine yayyy! SO basically, I have some specific treatments I carry out every weekend and would love to share with you all....

Step 1: I clarify my hair with baking soda or apple cider vinegar. Read more about apple cider vinegar here...

Step 2:  I pre-poo my hair with coconut oil and honey. This is basically adding any carrier oil of your choice eg coconut oil, avocado oil, olive oil etc before shampooing. This helps to reduce the harshness of the shampoo on your hair.

Step 3:, I CO-WASH my hair twice  a month so you can replace co-washing with shampooing , it all depends on what works for your hair.This has worked perfectly for me over time. This is basically washing your hair with conditioner instead of shampoo...

Step 4:, I mix my avocado hair mask and apply it to my hair while I de-tangle. Read more about DIY avocado hair mask...

Avocado hair mask
Clay rinse
chunky twist
twist out





Step 5: After rinsing the hair mask, I oil rinse ...... Read more about oil rinsing here... You really need to try out this oil rinsing , my hair is soooooo soft and slippery , "I kent believe it"

Note : sometimes I do a simple clay rinse to further define my curls and detangle my hair. This is optional. I do this step during my maximum hydration treatment. Read more about maximum hygration here....


Step 6: Finally, I style my hair into chunky twists.........

There you have it, so simple and cheap.


Try and develop a routine for your hair. My own routine may or may not work for you but it is ok to try it out. More so, knowing your hair type and hair porosity will go a long way in helping you .....


No comments:

Post a Comment