F THE WIG FEVER SERIES - naturalfinegeh

Wednesday 25 October 2017

THE WIG FEVER SERIES






Wigs are like the new holy grail now!!! I mean , I hardly come across ladies with weave tracks sewn to their heads these days. Ever since I wore my first wig, i never went BACK!!! It was the most comfortable thing ever , the thought of getting home from work and ripping my hair off my head was everything!!! I remember vividly how i woke up at 1:42 am to take my weaves off some years ago as a result of sweat and an itchy scalp, it was a horrible experience. I used to bleed as a result of itching on my scalp and when if finally had the option of wigs, I grabbed it for dear life. Wigs are a great way of protecting your hair and scalp especially during harsh weather  conditions.


TYPES OF WIGS

There are basically two types :
  • Human hair wigs 
  • Synthetic fibre wigs.

Here are some important questions to consider when buying a wig :
  • How often will it be worn?
    • If you are anything like me, one everyday would do LOLL. One a day is quite unrealistic though except you are a human hair vendor like moi *smiles*.
  • Do you sweat very often on your scalp?
  • How often the wig will be worn and how long a period in the day? 
    • Some ladies wear their wigs all through the night sha for the fear of being caught looking not so attractive.... loll, if that's you, then you need a very breathable wig.
  • Do you want it to look natural on the edges and through the top ?
    • Talk about edges that slay!!!  Everywhere i turn these days i see nothing but edges .  You also need to be careful when getting full frontal wigs to avoid looking like a seagull. 
Wig Styles

Over the years, we have seen various wig trends come to stay . I remember when lace wigs became popular in Nigeria few years ago, we saw all sort mostly badly laid ones  "na wa ", i guess we didn't know any better.  

Lace wgs :are designed so the scalp shows through the fine lace which disappears once it is against the skin, creating a very natural hair line. These wigs are very common now but the beauty lies in how natural it looks worn.



Monofilament  based wigs


They are the most breathable, natural looking wigs.  They have a sheer flesh toned top which gives an illusion of scalp.  These are available in both synthetic & Human Hair wigs.


Wigs can either be hand made or machine made. Hand made wigs are usually more expensive due to the time used in making them. But machine made wigs tend to be neater and more precise in making and are altogether cheaper.  

No comments:

Post a Comment