F YOU DON'T NEED TO BREAK THE BANK TO BE NATURAL - naturalfinegeh

Saturday 22 October 2016

YOU DON'T NEED TO BREAK THE BANK TO BE NATURAL



 People always ask me how much I spend on my natural hair and my answers always remain the same " NEXT TO NOTHING" yes ! , that wasn't a typo....

I have been natural for four years and all through I watched my hair evolve, I tried all sorts on it and today   I am glad I took those risks. During my tee nee wee nee hair days, I would spend roughly , twenty thousand naira buying the same products in different brands loll.......... Chai! "Dem chop my money Sha".... I used almost everything in the market  , I know some of you can relate.

My big break came when I discovered my natural remedies and voila my hair became a wonder!😁😎.

KNOW YOUR HAIR TYPE (NO BE JOKE O!)

I cannot over emphasize this enough. What works for hair A may not work for hair B. For some people honey makes their hair crunchy for others No. Read about hair types here.

DO NOT BE ADDICTED TO YOUTUBE VIDEOS ON NATURAL HAIR

I love YouTube! As a matter of fact I learn a while lot from it, but I discovered that the hair types are different from ours here in Nigeria. A 4c hair in the US is different from a 4c hair in Nigeria and the reason for this is not far fetched. "WEATHER" . Their weather is not as harsh as ours and this leads to dryness ,in fact over dryness.  Have you ever watched a video on twist outs? Their  curls are more defined and shiny . My hair is one of the most healthy I have seen but my twist outs do not appear as perfect as the ones on YouTube. This made me somewhat dissatisfied, I thought I was doing something wrong , until I had to face the harsh reality " our weather conditions are different😫😕😖". Here's what you can do to keep your hair hydrated :

  1. Drink lots of water
  2. Steam at least once a week to retain moisture . Read more about steaming here .
  3. Maximum hydration . Read more here .
  4. Do the baggy method . Read more here .
List of natural hair masks you can make from your kitchen :
  1. Avocado hair mask for growth , strength and volume .
  2. Banana hair mask for shiny hair 
  3. Honey and olive oil hair mask for strength etc
These are the ones I have tried and worked for me. I am still using them till date ...




DO NOT BE CARRIED WAY BY LENGTH 

I have seen so many long and unhealthy natural hair. Some people are more concerned about their length than the actual well-being of their hair. Do not get me wrong , length is very good as a matter of fact it is an evidence that your hair is healthy but in some cases , your hair may be lengthy yet weak and dry. On the other hand , your hair may not be as long as you would expect yet it has some body and shine. There was a time when my hair was long but I knew there was something wrong , it felt dry and flaky , looked dull and thirsty. When I focused more  on the well-being of my hair than length alone, the length came naturally . I was no longer bothered about how long my hair was rather more focused on having healthy tresses .



I am pretty sure you can notice my highlight😜😏😎😉, I shall talk more on the topic in my next post.... Xoxo 

You can have a health natural hair with products made from your kitchen.....😎



No comments:

Post a Comment